Gambling as an Addiction - Not Worth the Gamble Details
Gambling has become more present and easier to do in recent years, with many new forms of gambling existing and new ones coming on the horizon. Attorneys or their friends or family who may fall victim to the addiction of gambling may be unsure of the signs or what to do to deal with the problem. This lecture talks about how attorneys can identify the professional threats to their practice that could come from a gambling addiction, the laws regarding online gambling and what resources there are available to attorneys to help alleviate the problem.
- Gambling As An Addiction
- What Makes Online Gambling More Dangerous?
- Is the Site I am using legal?
Course Credit per State
- General: 1.5 CreditsCA
- Ethics: 1.0 CreditsFL
- General: 1.5 CreditsGA
- Self Study: 1.0 CreditsIL
- General: 1.0 CreditsMS
- General: 1.2 CreditsMT
- Self Study: 1.0 CreditsNC
- General: 1.0 CreditsNJ
- General: 1.4 CreditsNV
- Substance Abuse: 1.0 CreditsNY
- Ethics: 1.0 CreditsOH
- Attorney Professional Conduct: 1.0 CreditsOK
- Distance Learning: 1.0 CreditsPA
- Distance Learning: 1.0 CreditsTX
- General: 1.25 CreditsUT
- Self Study: 1.0 CreditsVA
- General: 1.0 Credits
Russell Jackman, Esq.
Russell Jackman, Esq. is owner of Calmputer Consulting Services in Marin County, California. He is a Past President of the California State Bar's Law Practice Management and Technology Section.